This course recognises the essential need for first aid knowledge in both emergency and minor instances. It gives candidates the knowledge of how to carry out first aid at work, how to approach incidents and the roles of a first aider at work.
The qualification is a national training certificate, verified and approved by OTAVS, that is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK. All training certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the certificate number.
Why choose our OTAVS approved, award winning online first aid at work course for your training?
- This first aid at work course, teaches the basic skills a first aider needs at work.
- This course is suitable for candidates new to the world of first aid, or as a refresher course.
- All our courses are created and developed by first aid professionals.
- Our courses are built on an easy to use and intuitive learning platform.
- The course training certificate conforms to UK and EU legal requirements.
- On completion of this course you get an instant digital training certificate to download to print.
- Because this first aid at work course, teaches you the duties and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Because this course may save people's lives.
- Because this first aid at work course was developed by first aid professionals.
- Because if its ease of use and intuitive learning platform.
- Because the training certificate conforms to UK and EU legal requirements.
- Because on completion you get an instant digital training certificate to download and print.
This course is designed to show people the importance of thinking and assessing, so they are able to offer the best help to a casualty.
It teaches candidates the importance of the primary and secondary survey.
This awareness course is designed to help you manage incidents and accidents that may happen at the workplace by following correct procedures and approved practices.
It shows you how to assess an incident, record an incident and how to treat casualties.
This training course is designed to give employees the knowledge to carry out first aid at work safely.
- To give employees a basic understanding of the role of a first aider at work.
- To teach first aiders how to administer CPR.
- To teach first aiders the importance of the recovery position and when to use it.
- To give candidates good foundation knowledge on first aid at work.
- To teach candidate how to open airways and treat breathing problems.
- To teach a candidate how to apply dressings, treat burns, eye injuries, head injuries and crush injuries.
- To let candidates know the do's and don'ts of basic first aid at work.
- To teach a candidate about automated external defibrillators, fractures, breaks and dislocations.
- To teach a candidate about choking, abdominal trauma, the Heimlich manoeuvre, drowning and the effects and treatments for extreme heat or cold.
- To teach a candidate about seizures, allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock.
- To show how to deal with bites, stings and rashes.
The importance of first aid at work, can't be stressed enough. The correct initial assessment of a casualty or incident can save lives.
This training course will show candidates what needs ot be done if a first aid situation arises. It will instruct them to have a systematic approach to all aspects of an incident, including recording the facts.
The main benefit of this training course is to protect your staff, to the best of your ability in the event of an accident.
To understand the regulations for first aid at work.
To know how to address an incident from the scene and primary survey, through to the secondary survey, treatment and recording events.
Knowing what details need to be recorded in an accident book.
Let your staff get their certified in first aid at work today with our cost-effective training solution that's available on all platforms. Be safe and book your course today.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The training certificate will not qualify you as a first aid professional as to attain this level of qualification you will need to undertake practical training that involves at least 18 contact hours.
Your employer's assessment of first aid needs will determine if you require practical training on top of this online course.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Your first aid at work certificate is valid for three years.