Equality and Diversity Training Course.
Get your certificate today from just £4.99
An online course teaching staff about the 2010 Equality Act and its relevance in the workplace in our ever-increasing diverse society. On successful completion, your equality and diversity training certificate is valid for three years.
The qualification is a national training certificate that is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK. All training certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the certificate number.
Why choose our RoSPA approved, award-winning online course for your training?
- Because the course helps people understand and recognise different types of discrimination and the importance of tolerance, diversity and understanding.
- Because the course is informative and suitable for all employees regardless of their role in an organisation.
- Because our courses are created by health and safety professionals.
- Because you get instant access and support.
- Because our training certificate conforms to UK and EU legal requirements.
- Because of the ease of use and intuitive learning platform.
- On completion you get an instant verified certificate to download and print
- This course is designed to help people understand the difference between equality and diversity.
- To teach people about the many different forms of discrimination.
- To teach people what protected characteristics are.
- To explain why previous equality Acts were abolished and what the 2010 Equality Act covers.
- To let people, know what steps someone can take if they feel they’ve been discriminated against.
- To learn what equality, diversity and discrimination are within the workplace and cover elements of Law, Duties and Benefits.
- To learn about the 2010 Equality Act types of discrimination and protected characteristics.
- To learn what was there before the Equality Act of 2010 and why a single Act is now used.
- To cover the legal ramifications and processes involved if someone feels they have been discriminated against.
- To cover the nine characteristics that are protected under the Equality Act.
- To cover the four main types of discrimination which include: Direct discrimination, Indirect discrimination, Harassment and victimisation.
- To look at the sub categories of discrimination that include: Associative discrimination, perceptive discrimination and third party harassment.
- To learn how diverse the UK and UK workforce is.
- To learn what employers duties are and what responsibilities and practices are expected from employees.
It teaches us the defining meaning of individual human rights in a multicultural and diverse society and shows us how and why promoting diversity encourages equality for all. It teaches us about the nine protected characteristics that have evolved from previous acts and duties, and it teaches us how encompassing an individual protected characteristic can be.
Creating a fairer and more equal workplace and society regardless of people’s differences. Creating a liberal utopia, where all people can work towards reaching their true potential, being happy with their endeavours and the way they treat others and are treated.
Yet this equality and diversity courses doesn’t just focus on the idealist’s vision of liberal utopia, it also looks at discrimination, harassment and victimisation. It helps people understand views and opinions that differ from their own. It’s about building good relationships and understanding within the social and environmental interaction of the workplace.
It’s about people being aware that equal opportunities should be readily available regardless of the diversity of the workforce.
The course usually takes between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours depending on your learning speed.
- It's online 24/7.
- It's accessible on all devices, including mobiles and iPads.
- We have an 85% first time pass rate.
- The course usually takes between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours, depending on your learning speed.
- We give you unlimited access to the course material and free resits if you fail any of the modules.
- On completion of the course, each successful candidate receives a Certificate Of Training available as an instant download.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is recognised by Environmental Health Officers and local authorities.
Your Equality and Diversity training certificate is value for three years.