Online Manual Handling Course
Ensure your employees are properly trained with our Online Manual Handling Course. Prices starting from just £4.99
Manual handling is mandatory health and safety training, and it’s the employer’s legal responsibility to provide it to all UK employees.
Course duration: Between 1 and 1 ½ hrs depending on learning speed.
Course format: Three video training modules, with a multiple-choice section at the end of each module.
On completion your training certificate is valid for three years, and is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK.
All successful candidates are entered on the national training register and certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the certificate number.
Download a free manual handling poster for your workplace here.
This online manual handling course covers essential disciplines that everyone should undertake in order to understand and master correct manual handling techniques. Everybody has to manually handle things at work and with 1 in 3 workplace injuries being a direct result of poor manual handling it is imperative that staff receive the correct training. In this course we cover:
- Risks and hazards associated with manual handling and the importance of correct handling techniques.
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 are, and why they were introduced.
- The importance of correct manual handling, the accident rates and types of injuries sustained.
- Correct lifting and handling techniques.
- The importance of choosing the correct mechanical aids if required, knowing their safe working limits and the basic visual checks to carry out before use.
- Postural awareness, how the spine works and how injuries can occur.
- It teaches the risks, hazards and importance of correct handling techniques in an informative and engaging way.
- The learning modules and key points are in bite sized durations to promote memory retention and recall.
- Each section of the course is directly followed by a multiple-choice segment relevant to the preceding instruction.
- Available online 24/7.
- It's accessible on all devices, including mobiles and iPads.
- 85% first time pass rate.
- Unlimited access to the course material and free resits if you fail any of the modules.
- Certificate of Training available as an instant download upon successful completion of the course. <
Our online manual handling course is designed to be an intuitive schooling platform that is suitable for all learners.
- This health and safety training course is designed to show people the importance of thinking and assessing before carrying out manual handling tasks.
- Many people think that manual handling is lifting a heavy object. This is not the case and this course is designed to show people how handling light objects with poor posture can affect their health.
- Special attention is given to how the spine and back works, how to maintain safe handling postures and avoid injury.
Our online manual handling course is for people in all industries, manual labour or desk jobs alike. It’s not just designed to meet employer's legal requirements, but to teach people what happens when things go wrong and how to avoid bad practices.
Our HSE training course is designed to give employees the right practical techniques to handle loads correctly, protecting both the employer and the workforce.
The main aim of our online manual handling course is to prevent candidates from getting injured when carrying out manual handling tasks. Yet even if candidates are taught correct manual handling techniques, they are still likely to ignore them without knowing what possible injuries and consequences there can be.
Consequently, our online manual handling course focuses on the fact that musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), which account for more than a third of all work-related illnesses, can be avoided by following some simple steps.
It also aims to avoid the stereotypical view that manual handling injuries are caused by someone trying to lift a heavy item that is above their capabilities. Instead, the focus is put onto posture and positioning a load relative to a person’s body mass.
Pushing, pulling or lifting relatively light items whilst the body is in a poor posture is the main cause of manual handling injuries and can all be avoided by following advice and measures in our online manual handling course.
One of the main benefits of this training course is set out in the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, which states that employees must follow appropriate systems of work laid down for their safety.
In short this means that if an employee has been trained in safe systems of work, they must follow the procedures they’ve learned.
Likewise, if an employee has received no training, the responsibility, should there be an injury caused from a manual handling procedure, lies solely with the employer. A third of all work-related illnesses are caused by incorrect manual handling. That’s one in three work related injuries. Many of these cause damage to the back and particularly the lower spine area where just 5 of the 33 vertebrae support the entire weight of the head and torso. This lower spine area or lumbar region doesn’t have a rib cage attached to it so has far more flexibility and movement and can be particularly vulnerable to injury.
The reoccurrence rate for back injuries is 70%, and one of the main reasons injuries are so common, is that many are caused by the cumulative effects of repeating an activity with poor posture. The back is made of 33 vertebrae that have discs between them that act as shock absorbers and an adult’s spine has four natural curves. The muscles and joints in the back have the least strain placed upon them in the upright position where the four curves of the spine are in their natural position. Which is why correct lifting practices involve maintaining a straight back.
27% of all workplace injuries that require over a week off work are due to manual handling and these injuries are called 7-day injuries and injuries of 7 days or more must be reported to the HSE. Most of these injuries can be avoided with adequate training.
Provide your staff with effective manual handling today with our cost-effective training solution that’s available on all platforms. Be safe and book your course today.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is recognised by Environmental Health Officers and local authorities.
Your Manual Handling training certificate is valid for three years.