Level 2 Food Hygiene Training.
Get your certificate today from just £4.99
This is an online level 2 food hygiene course and once candidates are successful, they receive a national certificate. The course is suitable for all food handlers who prepare and serve food direct to the public.
If you work in a cafe, chip shop, restaurant, fast food outlet, mobile catering unit, hotel kitchen, hospital kitchen, school kitchen, college kitchen or at outdoor cooking events. Then the level 2 food hygiene course is for you.
The course is approved by RoSPA and the national training certificate is recognised by local authorities and environmental health officers throughout the UK.
For peace of mind, all training certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by simply clicking on the 'Validate a Certificate' link and typing in the certificate number.
On successful completion, your training certificate is valid for three years
Why choose our RoSPA approved, award winning online level 2 food hygiene course for your training?
- Because the training certificate is recognised by local authorities, Environmental Health Officers and counts towards your Food Hygiene Rating.
- Because All our courses are created by qualified health and safety experts.
- You get instant access and support
- It conforms to UK and EU legal requirements
- It's ease of use and intuitive learning platform
- On completion you get an instant verified certificate to download and print
- To understand best practices when handling foods and to be able to identify food hygiene hazards and implement control measures.
- To understand safe storage temperatures, cooking temperatures and temperatures and conditions that fall in the danger zone.
- To understand the importance of personal and work station hygiene.
- To understand the food industry regulations with regards to preparing, cooking and handling food safety.
- To understand the legal obligations of food handlers.
- To understand food contamination and food poisoning.
- To understand waste management, pest control and safe working environments.
- To understand how and why the correct cleaning process should be carried out.
This course is for all food handlers that work in the retail or hospitality catering sector, and satisfies the legal training obligations placed on employers and employees.
The course will cover legal obligation to undertake adequate training for food safety and hygiene and is a level 2 course that has a national certificate.
A small cross section of people who require this course include: Cafes, chip shops, fast food outlets, mobile catering units, hotels, hospitals, schools, colleges and outdoor cooking events.
The learning objectives covered in this course include:
- Personal and kitchen hygiene
- Risk assessment and control measures
- Food temperature control and its importance
- Cross contamination risks
- Food hazards and how to avoid them
The course usually takes between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours depending on your learning speed.
Legislation states that food hygiene rules apply effective and proportionate controls, to all areas of the food chain including production, sale and supply. This means that all staff handling food need adequate training and supervision in food hygiene matters which are relevant to the tasks that they carry out.
This certificate has become the industry standard because it proves that your staff have received current and up to date training. It meets the legal requirements and responsibilities that a food outlet has to staff and customers, and counts towards the FSA rating.
Of course, the main reason for undertaking training isn't to comply with legislation, but to know that all staff understand the importance of the course content and are fully aware of their duties and responsibilities when it comes to handing and preparing food stuff. By the end of this course you should be fully competent in:
- Best practices to use and implement when handing food stuffs.
- Identifying food hygiene hazards and implementing relevant control measures.
- Understanding the reason for sage temperature controls for storage and cooking.
- Knowing how to avoid foods being in the temperature danger zone and why it should be avoided.
- Understanding the importance of personal and work station hygiene and hygiene controls.
- Knowing the food industry regulations with regards to preparing, cooking and handling food safety.
- Understanding how and what food poisoning and food contaminants are, as well as the effect these can have on consumers.
- Understanding the importance of hygiene in respect to waste management, pest control and safe working environments.
- Understanding their moral and legal responsibilities to the employer and consumer.
- It's online 24/7.
- It's accessible on all devices, including mobiles and iPads.
- We have an 85% first time pass rate.
- The course usually takes between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours, depending on your learning speed.
- We give you unlimited access to the course material and free resits if you fail any of the modules.
- On completion of the course, each successful candidate receives a Certificate Of Training available as an instant download.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is recognised by Environmental Health Officers and local authorities.
Your level 2 food hygiene training certificate is value for three years.