Working at Heights Online CourseCourse last updated: March 2023
Minimise risks in the workplace with our Working at Heights Online Course
Our working at heights online course recognises the national measures for working at heights safely, and gives candidates the knowledge to plan, select and use the correct equipment.
At £9.99 for an individual course, £6.49 if you buy 10 or more, and just £4.99 for bulk orders of 50 or over, you won’t find better value elsewhere.
Course duration: Between 2 and 2 ½ hrs depending on learning speed.
Course format: Three video training modules, with a multiple-choice section at the end of each module.
On completion your training certificate is valid for three years and is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK.
All training certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the certificate number.
Working at Heights Online Course Overview
Many people think modern access equipment totally removes risks and prevents people suffering injury while working at height. This is not the case, and this training is designed to teach candidates the dangers of high level working and how to do it safely by selecting and using the right access equipment for the task in hand.
- This online working at height course gives employees a broad understanding of the importance of safe working practices and current legislation.
- It covers the essential awareness, duties and reasons for the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- It will give employees a good understanding of the Working at Height Regulations 2005.
- Candidates will learn the fundamental knowledge of risk assessment and control measures.
- It will provide employees with an outline understanding of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- This online training conveys the bedrock principles of The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- It evaluates the importance of choosing the correct access equipment, knowing safe working limits and the basic checks to carry out before use.
- It teaches candidates the statistics from accidents when something goes wrong.
- Available online 24/7, across all devices.
- 85% first time pass rate.
- Unlimited access to course materials and free resits.
- Certificate Of Training upon successful completion of the course.
Changing a light bulb, standing on a hop-up or working on a scaffold all require access equipment. Consequently, all are described as working at height. The measured distance a person is from a floor isn’t a consideration for the working at height regulations. Instead they state that someone is working at height if the distance is great enough for a person to suffer personal injury should they fall.
Most, if not all of the fatalities and the 40,000 injuries experienced each year by people falling from a height in the workplace, could have been avoided. Our online training focuses on instilling essential knowledge that can help to prevent accidents by minimising risks through good planning and proactive approaches.
If you work at a height, or plan jobs working at a height, this course is an indispensable tool that will provide you with the knowledge you need for working at heights safely.
Our online working at heights course teaches the importance of thinking through and assessing situations before carrying out tasks.
- It's not just designed to meet employer's legal requirements but to brief people on what happens when things go wrong and how to avoid bad practices.
- Special attention is given to the planning, risk and control measures of any task that involves work at height.
- Our training course will help you consider environmental factors such as lighting and ground conditions when planning work.
- Our course will teach you about safe use of ladders and step ladders.
The importance of learning how to work at a height safely can't be stressed enough. It’s the biggest killer in the workplace, yet could be avoided if people followed the steps in this course to plan and work safely.
The aims of our working at heights online course are to show candidates what steps need to be addressed prior to work being carried out, and only if work at a height can’t be avoided.
It will instruct employees to think about work objectives, carry out a risk assessment, and plan a suitable method for carrying out a task safely, with consideration to all elements that may pose risk.
The course shows how to select equipment for protection and access, as well as selecting appropriate equipment that is suitable for the nature of the work. It will also teach candidates to consider foreseeable loadings and safe passages that do not pose risk to either workers or passers-by.
It will pay special attention to the correct and incorrect use of ladders and step ladders.
When it comes to fatalities, falls from height at the workplace top the league with over 35 deaths a year and over 40,000 non-fatal injuries. This training course gives employees the facts on how dangerous working at height can be if it's not carried out in the correct manner, with the correct planning and appropriate access equipment. It will help employees work safer by making them aware of the hazards and giving them key knowledge of current legislation and the reasons for the legislation.
It will detail the independent duties placed on an employee, the self-employed, and people that control the work of others.
Encourage your staff to get their working at heights certificate today with our cost-effective training solution that is available 24/7 across all major platforms. Be safe and book your course today.
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is recognised by Environmental Health Officers and local authorities.
Your working at height certificate is valid for three years.