This course recognises the national measures for working at height safely, and gives candidates the knowledge to plan, select and use equipment for working safely at height.
Course duration: Between 2 and 2 ½ hrs depending on learning speed.
Course format: Three video training modules, with a multiple-choice section at the end of each module.
On completion your training certificate is valid for three years and is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK.
All training certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the certificate number.
Many people think modern access equipment totally removes risks and prevents people suffering injury while working at height. This is not the case, and this course is designed to teach candidates the dangers or working at height and how to work at height safely by selecting and using the right access equipment correctly for the task in hand.
- This working at height course gives employees a broad understanding of the importance of safe working practices and current legislation.
- It covers the essential awareness, duties and reasons for the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- It will give employees a good understanding of the Working at Height Regulations 2005.
- Candidates will learn the fundamental knowledge of risk assessment and control measures.
- It will provide employees with an outline understanding of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- The training course conveys the bedrock principles of The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- It evaluates the importance of choosing the correct access equipment, knowing safe working limits and the basic checks to carry out before use.
- It teaches candidates the statistics from accidents involving working at height when something goes wrong.
Changing a light bulb, standing on a hop-up or working on a scaffold, all require access equipment, consequently, all are described as working at height. The measured distance a person is from a floor isn’t a consideration for the working at height regulations. Instead they state that someone is working at height if the distance is great enough for a person to suffer personal injury should they fall.
Most, if not all of the fatalities and the 40,000 non-fatal injuries experienced each year through people falling from height at the workplace, could have been avoided. This course focuses on instilling essential knowledge learned from past experiences, that can help to prevent accidents by minimising risks through good planning and a proactive approach to working at height.
If you work, or plan work at height this course is an indispensable tool, able to impart the knowledge you need for working at height safely.
- This course teaches the importance of thinking and assessing before carrying out tasks that involve working at height.
- It's not just designed to meet employer's legal requirements but to brief people on what happens when things go wrong and how to avoid bad practices.
- Special attention is given to the planning, risk and control measures of any task that involves work at height.
- This training course will help you consider environmental factors such as lighting and ground conditions when planning work at height or selecting equipment.
- This course will teach you about safe use of ladders and step ladders.
The importance of learning how to work at height safely, can't be stressed enough. It’s the biggest killer in the workplace, yet could be avoided if people followed all the steps in this course to plan and work safely.
This aims of this training course are to show candidates what steps need to be addressed prior to work at height been carried out and only if work at height can’t be avoided. It will instruct them to think about the work objectives, carry out a risk assessment, and plan a suitable method for carrying out a task safely, with consideration to all elements that may pose risk.
It will show how to select equipment when working at height for protection and access. To select work equipment which has dimensions appropriate to the nature of the work to be performed, the foreseeable loadings and allow safe passage without risk.
It will pay special attention to correct and incorrect use of ladders and step ladders.
When it comes to fatalities, falls from height at the workplace top the league with over 35 deaths a year and over 40,000 non-fatal injuries. This training course gives employees the facts on how dangerous working at height can be if it's not carried out in the correct manner, with the correct planning and appropriate access equipment. It will help employees work safer by making them aware of the hazards associated with working at height and giving them key knowledge of current legislation and the reasons for the legislation.
It will show the independent duties places on and employers, the self-employed and people that control the work of others, that are there specifically to improve safety when working at height due to the high number of fatalities and injuries that happen every year.
Let your staff get their certificate for safe working at height today with our cost-effective training solution that's available on all platforms. Be safe and book your course today.
- It's online 24/7.
- It's accessible on all devices, including mobiles and iPads.
- We have an 85% first time pass rate.
- We give you unlimited access to the course material and free resits if you fail any of the modules.
- On completion of the course, each successful candidate receives a Certificate of Training available as an instant download.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is recognised by Environmental Health Officers and local authorities.
Your working at height certificate is valid for three years.