This course recognises the national measures for working at height safely, and gives candidates the knowledge to plan, select and use equipment for working safely at height.
The qualification is a national health and safety training certificate that is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK. All training certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the certificate number.
Why choose our OTAVS approved, award winning online working at height course for your training?
- This working at height course, teaches you risks and hazards and the importance of correct planning and equipment.
- This course may save you from short and long term injuries.
- All our courses are created by health and safety professionals.
- Our courses are built on an easy to use and intuitive learning platform.
- The course training certificate conforms to UK and EU legal requirements.
- On completion of this course you get an instant digital training certificate to download to print.
- Because this working at height course, teaches you risks and hazards and the importance of correct planning and equipment.
- Because this course may prevent injury and fatality.
- Because all our courses are created by health and safety professionals.
- Because if its ease of use and intuitive learning platform.
- Because the training certificate conforms to UK and EU legal requirements.
- Because on completion you get an instant digital training certificate to download and print.
This course is designed to show people the importance of thinking and assessing before carrying out tasks.
It's not just designed to meet employer's legal requirements but to teach people what happens when things go wrong and how to avoid bad practices.
Many people think that modern access equipment prevents people suffering injury while working at height. This is no the case and this course is designed to show people how to plan to work at height safely.
Special attention is given to how the planning, risk and control measures.
The training course is designed to give employees the knowledge to work at height safely.
- To give employees a basic understanding of the importance of safe working practices and current legislation.
- To give employees a basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To give employees a basic understanding of the Working at Height Regulations 2005.
- To give candidates good foundation knowledge on risk assessment and control measures.
- To give employees a basic understanding of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- To give employees a basic understanding The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- To evaluate the importance of choosing the correct access equipment, knowing their sage working limits and the basic checks to carry out before use.
The importance of learning how to work at height safely, can't be stressed enough. It;s the biggest killer in the workplace and can be avoided if people know how to work safely.
This training course will show candidates what needs to be done if work at height has to be carried out. It will instruct them to think about the work objectives and plan a suitable method for carrying out a task safely.
It will show employees how to select equipment used when working at height for protection and for access. To select work equipment for work at height which has characteristics including dimensions which are appropriate to the nature of the work to be performed and the foreseeable loadings and allow passage with risk.
The main benefits of this training course is safety.
When it comes to fatalities, falls from height at the workplace top the league with over 35 deaths a year and over 40,000 non-fatal injuries.
This training gives employees the facts on how dangerous working at height can be if it's not carried out in the correct manner.
This course helps employees work safer by making them aware of the hazards associated with working at height and giving them key knowledge of current legislation and the reasons for the legislation.
It shows the independent duties places on and employers, the self-employed and people that control the work of others, that are there specifically to improve safety when working at height because of the high number of fatalities and injuries that happen every year.
Let your staff get their certificate for safe working at height today with our cost-effective training solution that's available on all platforms. Be safe and book your course today.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is recognised by Environmental Health Officers and local authorities.
Your working at height certificate is valid for three years.