Slips, Trips and Falls Training.
Get your certificate today from just £4.99
An online health and safety course teaching how to identify risks and prevent slips, trips and falls at the workplace.
The qualification is a national training certificate that is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK. All training certificates can be verified by employers or others to prove that they are genuine, by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the certificate number. On successful completion, your certificate is valid for three years.
Why choose our RoSPA approved, award winning online level 2 food hygiene course for your training?
- Because this training course looks at slips, trips and falls in the workplace, and has several walk-through scenarios where we look at causes and preventative measures.
- Because it’s designed to show staff how common slips, trips and falls are and accidents such as a scald from hot coffee might have been a direct result of a slip or trip but may not have been recorded as one.
- Because our training courses are created by health and safety professionals.
- Because you get instant access and support.
- Because it conforms to UK and EU legal requirements.
- Because of the ease of use and intuitive learning platform.
- Because on completion you get an instant digital training certificate to download and print.
- This course is designed to help reduce the amount of major injuries that are a result of a slip, trip or fall. The figure currently stands at over 30%.
- It shows people how to spot and assess risks and how to act upon them.
- Teaching control measures that will help prevent dangerous occurrences.
- Showing the importance of clear routes that are not obstructed with cables, delivery packages and other objects.
- Showing the importance of maintenance for floor coverings, steps and artificial lighting.
Slips, trips and falls account for a third of all reported major injuries each year. This course is primarily concerned with preventing these injuries by educating course candidates in common causes and preventative measures.
- To identify common risks and hazards associated with slips, trips and falls
- To show how to assess risk and report safety concerns to the right person.
- To give relevant injury statistics so that candidates can learn the importance of slip and trip avoidance.
- To teach staff the importance of relevant and key elements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- To teach staff the difference between an environmental hazard such as frayed carpet, and a personal hazard, such as running down stairs.
- To let staff, know what their responsibilities are and the benefits achieved if all members of staff commit to an employer’s health and safety objectives.
The course usually takes between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours depending on your learning speed.
How many times have you, me or others slipped or tripped in our lifetime? So many times, it’s impossible to remember them all. We trip on uneven paths or catch our feet on plinths we didn’t see, yet most times, we don’t fall over or suffer an injury. Some scenarios are more prone to slips, trips and falls than others with some examples including: walking on snow or ice, or a floor contaminated by grease or water.
Preventing trips and slips at work is about education and training. Helping people to stop the ‘walk on by’ attitude and do something about potential hazards that they spot. Making people aware of higher risk situations and control measures that can be implemented to reduce the risk.
It’s not really about an individual being aware of a hazard, it’s that someone else might not be aware of the hazard. By removing the hazard or making others aware of the hazard, the likelihood of an accident is significantly reduced. This approach alongside selecting suitable footwear, floor coverings and environmental factors including lighting and housekeeping is the key approach to stopping slips, trips and falls being the most common cause and/or attributing factor to accidents at the workplace.
Giving your staff training and educating them on slips, trips and falls helps change attitudes and makes them realise the extent of the problem and how certain hazards can easily be avoided.
- It's online 24/7.
- It's accessible on all devices, including mobiles and iPads.
- We have an 85% first time pass rate.
- The course usually takes between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours, depending on your learning speed.
- We give you unlimited access to the course material and free resits if you fail any of the modules.
- On completion of the course, each successful candidate receives a Certificate Of Training available as an instant download.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is recognised by Environmental Health Officers and local authorities.
Your Slips, Trips and Falls training certificate is value for three years.