Online Asbestos awareness Course
Get your asbestos awareness course certificate today from just £4.99
Course duration: Between 1 ½ and 2 ½ hrs depending on learning speed.
Course format: Three video training modules, with a multiple-choice section at the end of each module.
On completion your training certificate is valid for one year and is recognised by local authorities and corporate employers throughout the UK.
All of our health and safety course certificates can be verified to prove that they are genuine by clicking Validate a Certificate and typing in the unique certificate number. The complex certificate background pattern and validation service we offer, deters people from using photo editing software to create forged certificates by changing names and expiry dates.
About our online asbestos awareness course
- Available online 24/7 on all devices, including mobiles and iPads.
- 85% first time pass rate.
- Unlimited access to course material and free resits.
- Certificate of training, available as an instant download upon successful completion of the course.
Unlike many online courses we have created our awareness course with the insistence that all images are from UK housing stock, and any props used are also British, such as the one penny coin which presents a representative comparison, showing the minute size of asbestos fibres compared to the coin they are placed on.
There are four distinct and purposeful objectives to this online training, and each of the primary objectives are presented to the candidates in a clear and precise way, with the order of the objectives being paramount to the learning process and end target. The four primary objectives for this online awareness course are:
- To show how microscopic fibres can be and that the human body has no natural defence against such minute particles.
- To explain some of the diseases and death rates caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.
- To make candidates aware that it is a banned substance and that regulations should be used when working in all premises that were built before 2000.
- To give a detailed pictorial section on common products people may find in the workplace, that contain asbestos.
Our online asbestos awareness course is designed to teach students with consideration of the four primary objectives mentioned above, in a very clear and concise way. We design all of our health and safety courses in a way that is appropriate for learners of all abilities, which really sets us apart from the competition.
Consider a student where English is their second language and they are being taught in a classroom environment. At any point, if they don’t understand a principle or description, they can raise their hand and ask the teacher. Usually, this can’t be done with online training , which is why our health and safety courses have been designed and delivered in a way that is accessible to all, regardless of ability.
Some considerations we give to delivering this online asbestos awareness course include:
- Easy to read font: black on a light background with good contrast to make it accessible to people with visual impairments, or those that suffer from colour blindness
- Narration that mirrors that text so that people whose first language isn’t English, don’t have to struggle with two different contents.
- Three different narrators for each module, to encourage learner engagement and memory retention.
- The use of animated characters as teachers, so students are less likely to see these characters as coming from specific racial or social economic backgrounds, creating ethically sound online training, with no forms of discrimination or negative stereo types.
- Online training that is succinct and to the point with no padding, but is delivered with a slow and clear narrative.
- Content that reflects the legal training requirements and learning needs of the student.
- Content that is current, up to date and references current legislation regarding asbestos awareness training.
- An intuitive learning assessment at the end of each training module that comprises of relevant questions with multiple choice answers.
- The ability to watch any learning module repeatedly.
- An instantly downloadable certificate on successful completion of the course.
The law states that employers must ensure adequate information, instruction and training is given to all their employees liable to be exposed to asbestos, and that training is obligatory not just for tradespeople, but also for teachers, doctors, office staff and anyone else who works in a building that may contain asbestos.
If the building that you or your staff work in was built before the year 2000, awareness training is essential to make staff aware of what asbestos is and the unlikely places where it can be found.
Our online asbestos awareness training course is not designed to qualify people to work with asbestos, but to make them aware of its dangers. It’s designed to show candidates its dangers and where they might find it so that they can avoid disturbing it at all costs.
- It gives candidates a basic understanding of the CAR 2012 regulations and tells the history of asbestos discovery in a light entertaining way.
- It gives candidates a good foundation knowledge of what common ACMs look like and makes candidates aware of the minute size of the fibres.
- It teaches the difference between a fibre and an strand and instils the importance of never disturbing acm's.
- The course demonstrates to candidates how minute fibres are: There are a series of scale comparisons using everyday objects such as the thickness of a piece of clingfilm or the thickness of a £20 note compared to the width of a single asbestos fibre.
- It teaches the importance of asbestos awareness training, which can’t be stressed enough, as it's is the biggest workplace killer, and all buildings built prior to 2000 will most likely contain ACMs.
- Above all, this training course, instils the importance of never disturbing asbestos.
The online course is designed to give employees awareness training in a way that they can relate to and to show them that our bodies have no natural defence against anything smaller than dust particles.
- To make staff aware of how microscopic asbestos fibres can be, and that the human body has no natural defence against such minute particles.
- To make staff aware of some of the diseases and death rates caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.
- To make staff aware that asbestos is a banned substance and that the asbestos regulations should be used when working in all premises that were built before 2000.
- To help staff identify what ACMs look like.
The main benefit of taking an online asbestos awareness course is being able to recognise asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in the workplace, and knowing not to disturb them.
Yes. Asbestos Awareness training can be effectively carried out online. E-learning is recognized as a viable delivery method for Asbestos Awareness training by the HSE.
The asbestos training certificates will be valid for one year after the course completion date. This is in line with the advice provided by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), which states that refresher information, instruction, and training for licensable and non-licensable work should be provided every year, or more frequently depending on how fast working methods change.
The Online Asbestos Awareness Course provided by HSEDocs starts from just £4.99. Get in touch today to discuss your company requirements.
- Asbestos Awareness Training (Category A).
- Non-licensable work with asbestos including NNLW (Category B).
- Licensable work with asbestos (Category C).
There are three levels of Asbestos training. According to Regulation 10 of Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, employers must give employees adequate information, instruction, and training on asbestos awareness. The level of training employees will receive, depends on the type of work they carry out, and the requirements of their organisation. The levels of asbestos awareness training are as follows:
To determine the level of training employees require, a training needs analysis (TNA) should be employed.
Assessment and Training Certificate
For ease of use the training course is split into three modules with a Q&A multiple choice section at the end of each module.
The pass rate for each module is 85% and you have to pass each module to move onto the next.
If you don't pass a module first time, you are given as much access to the course material as you need in order to meet the required standard.
Once you have completed the course, you will have instant access to your training certificate which is a nationally recognised certificate.
Your asbestos awareness certificate is valid for one year.